5 Best Types Of Yoga And Their Benefits
Yoga is one of the most commonly practiced physical exercises across the world today. There are legions of followers who swear by it for their strength, flexibility, immunity as well as balance. But, what many people don’t know is that there are many kinds of yoga. It is best to choose a style of yoga that suits your fitness level and fits in your needs- whether you want to perform yoga to increase mindfulness or relieve from pain or want to lose weight.
Don’t know how to pick the perfect yoga? Here are 5 options for you:
5 Popular Types of Yoga and Its Benefits
- Hatha Yoga– When most people use the term yoga, they refer to this kind of yoga. This form of yoga eludes physical techniques. It is a comprehensive technique that includes yoga based on physical practice. It entails other forms of yoga like Ashtanga and Iyengar. It is best for beginners and helps with physical fitness importantly.
- Iyengar Yoga-This form of yoga was founded by B.K.S. Iyengar. It is great for those who want to work on injuries, correct ailment of bodies and joint problems. It requires you to hold your breath and hence gain expertise in breathing. One of the many distinctive features of the yoga is that it uses props like blankets, blocks, etc. It improves stability, mobility, flexibility, body movement and strength.
- Sivananda Yoga– This type of yoga is practiced by many, yet identified by few. It is a system that can be said to be synonymous to ‘relaxation’. It is to be performed by those who want to channelize their relaxation, positive-thinking, overall well-being and enhance self-awareness.
It consists of five basic principals- breathing, diet, relaxation, exercise and positive thinking. This yoga consists of 12 basic postures or asanas with Surya Namaskar and Savasana.
- Ashtanga Yoga– Popularized by celebs, Ashtanga yoga is a very dedicated form of yoga. The ‘eight limb path’ or ashtanga is physically demanding and not the one for beginners. It involves doing multiple Surya Namaskars in standing and floor postures. This yoga is also called as Power Yoga and is great to lose weight too!
- Hot Yoga– Right as the name suggests, this yoga is performed is a heated room. It is the one for you, if you want to lose weight and improve your metabolism. It is known to burn calories, deliver oxygenated blood to muscles, improve flexibility as well as improve muscle tone.