Anti-aging secrets in the kitchen
Anti-aging products and experiences have become a million-dollar commercial business! It can so easily get any woman’s (even man’s) attention in half a second! Even those who claim they have a short attention span, suddenly have the best one when it comes to this information.
While we know that beauty comes from the inside and sometimes people even hesitate to talk a lot about this topic as they judge themselves in vain – I see this differently. We are gifted by the universe with what we have physically as well. It is our responsibility to take care of it – but holistically.
Most anti-aging secrets come from our kitchen and from our grandmas. So why are we steering towards commercial peels and invasive technology? Perhaps because we don’t have enough faith in the home remedies and we don’t have enough patience.
However long term this is what is non-invasive and actually result-oriented. So before you read further, a mindset change is important to have complete faith in our holistic solutions:
- Turmeric powder: Well-known for antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. This one has been for years used for acne (especially for oily skin). Mixing it with lemon juice to exfoliate your skin can be something you could try out.
- Honey: Did you know our grandmoms used honey to keep their skin moisturized? This can be great for people with dry skin. Use it as a moisturizer to add shine and glow to your face and also keep the fungal infections at bay.
- Coconut oil: It can be used as an inner moisturizer and consumed first thing in the morning. For oily skin, apply this oil and then steam so that the oil gets completely absorbed and for dry skin, I would suggest application and then having a bath to keep your skin hydrated.
- Aloe Vera: Ah! One of my favourites especially if you are living in a hot city like me – this plant is easily available for us to use the gel from it to moisturize dry skin.
- Ginger: Ginger tea, fresh ginger consumption, and ginger application – it’s literally ginger everything! For hyperpigmentation, freshly squeezed ginger can be applied daily; for acne, ginger juice can be applied daily as a natural cleanser to unclog pores and for great gut health, which is also responsible for radiating skin, have ginger in your juice or ginger tea.
- Besan or gram flour: I remember when I stayed at my grandma’s she would make me put this with a little yogurt just before my bath and then when my mom came to pick me up, she was wondering what happened to my skin – oh yes! In a good way. It lightened my skin, removed blackheads and really made it look clean – so this is a definite one and you can try it once a week to begin with.
- Banana: This has become off-late really popular to tighten skin. We can make a banana mask with honey and apply it till it dries up and apparently in 4 weeks flat, the skin looks tighter! Who would think a secret for anti-wrinkle lies in just bananas.
- Rice: 1/4th cup of cooked rice with 3 tablespoons of organic milk can be used as a paste for the skin and rinsed once it dries out – this is used for cleansing the skin and keeps the lines away!
- Eggs: Enriched with protein, this can open up the pores – so take one egg, ½ teaspoon of milk and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice and mix it all up to apply on the face.
- Sugar: Known to be a great scrubbing ingredient, you will see many products add it so why not just use out by ourselves when it is in our kitchen?!?! Simply use lemon and sugar to exfoliate and cleanse your skin up.
So here is a quick disclaimer: We are bio-individuals and we will need to do our own trial and error to figure what works for us. These are several great secrets and remedies in your own kitchen! So try them patiently and with complete faith to find the right one for you.
Nipa Asharam is a Thriive-verified, certified health and life coach. Keen to follow a holistic lifestyle which gives your skin a natural glow without stress and tons of maintenance? You can now learn and apply the easy-to-follow secrets to getting a Natural Glow in the comfort of your home.
Check out this Masterclass by Nipa Asharam and say hello to happiness (yes, great skin does that for us!): https://bit.ly/2WrS8gJ