You must have heard about all the beauty benefits of Fenugreek seeds, time and again. However, you will be even more delighted to know about its medicinal benefits, especially, for diabetes. This deadly disease is taking over the world. Gone are the days when diabetes was rarely heard of. Today, this ailment has become a common condition. It is incredibly important to control this fatal condition as it leads to malfunctioning of other organs in the body leading to more harm.
Given these issues that are caused by diabetes, most of us will pop some pills to get better. However, what if we told you about that one thing that is easily found in your kitchen that can get your health on track? That’s right, fenugreek seeds could be the answer for your diabetes.
How can Fenugreek help?
These miraculous seeds are a rich source of soluble fibre like Galactomannan. This reserve of soluble fibre lowers the absorption of carbohydrate and reduces the glucose levels in blood improving the glucose tolerance. Apart from soluble fibre, Fenugreek seeds also have an unusual amino acid that has miraculous anti-diabetic properties such as increasing insulin secretion and insulin sensitivity. One of the best properties of Fenugreek seeds is that it helps to combat both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
How to consume Fenugreek Seeds?
If you are wondering how to eat these pungent tasting medicinal seeds every day then these easy to make recipes are here for you.
- Roast fenugreek seeds on medium heat and grind them to powder. Garnish your curries and veggies with this powder to consumer fenugreek every day.
- Keep fenugreek seeds soaking in water overnight. Consume this next morning with a glass of water.
- Use a spoonful of sprouted fenugreek seeds in your salads and veggies every day.
- You can grind fenugreek leaves and seeds and add them to your paratha and roti flour.
- There are herbal teas that have fenugreek as an active ingredient. Consuming such herbal teas daily will help you to lower your diabetes.
Other uses of fenugreek seed
For those who are going to add fenugreek seeds to their condiment’s shelf, here are few other benefits of fenugreek seeds.
- Fenugreek seeds aid in weight loss as they increase carbohydrate metabolism.
- Fenugreek seeds are natural detoxifying agents because of the mucilage content.
- Saponin in these seeds reduces cholesterol.
Now that you know everything about this medicinal wonder in your kitchen, don’t forget to consume it daily to conquer your diabetes.
Komal Patil is a business management graduate finding purpose through words, writing stories and poems.