International Yoga Day 2019: Why is it important to practice yoga daily?
If there is anything you can think of, as soon as you see Prime Minister Narendra Modi, it is his fitness and his urge to stay fit. With each passing meet, the rightful PM of India seems to be getting fitter. Well, if you have ever wondered what is his secret to fitness, just like us- this one’s for you: YOGA.
Well, just look at this video that PM Modi tweeted for his followers to look at:
Have you made Surya Namaskar a part of your routine?
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) June 19, 2019
Now, that’s something! For those who practice some form of yoga as a routine will know exactly what I am talking about. When you wake up in the morning, don’t you rush to the washbasin to brush? Do you have to be told to do that (Well, we hope not!)? That’s because it is so well embedded in your routine that you don’t need to be told to do it daily. That’s the thing about consistency. If you want to enjoy the full effects of yoga, you must internalize it in your routine.
We all know that yoga helps you with each of your woes- be it physical or mental. But of these all, one of the most important things it helps you with is mental health. If there’s one ugly reality in our lives today, it is STRESS. And trust me, it can affect you in various ways. That’s the part where yoga comes in. Practicing about 15 mins of yoga can help you in various ways:
- Immunity: You don’t need those superpowers to fight diseases but simply need a strong immunity. Yes, that’s why yoga should be your doctor #1. Practicing yoga consistently will help you to ward off diseases. Trust us on this, there’s a reason why actors like Deepika Padukone, Malaika Arora, Jacqueline Fernandez and others do it.
- Improves flexibility, strength, and posture: When you see Shilpa Shetty Kundra performing those complex bendy yoga poses, you may look amused. And yes, you must! Because flexibility, strength, and posture are of utmost importance for your overall health.
- Reduces stress: Whether it is your stress-eating, irregular menstrual cycle, insomnia or that acne you keep getting- could well be a reflection of the fact that you are way too stressed. That’s why we keep saying that you must eat well, sleep well and rest amply well. Stress retention can create havoc to your health.
- Weight loss: Well, it isn’t true that only those who want to lose weight will be benefitted by yoga more. Honestly, yoga will help you with good metabolism and gut health. Whether or not you want to lose weight, yoga will help you in staying healthy.
- Emotional well-being: Unless you are happy and emotionally stable, there is very little that can be done about your overall health. Emotional stability is extremely important for your overall well-being. Yoga helps in releasing happy hormones that help in keeping your mood stable too.
These are some of the many benefits that you can reap by doing yoga daily!