The Sun is revered as the source of life or the primary source of energy in our lives. Worshipping the sun has been considered as the most intriguing and highly practiced forms of exercise since the very beginning. Furthermore, our ancestors have practiced this form of exercise for shooing all kinds of body pain.
A lot of celebrities, too swear by sun salutation as their one-point full body workout. Whether it is Bollywood’s begum Kareena Kapoor Khan or the ‘Padmavati’ Deepika Padukone, they all look up to practice Surya Namaskar for a fitter body. Kareena Kapoor Khan, in fact also stated that performing Surya Namaskar was her secret to get into size 0.
Here’s how different celebs keep fit. Read: Fitness motivation: These celebrities performing yoga could totally be what you need to see today
Why Surya Namaskar?
Surya Namaskar is one of the most effective exercises. It is a set of 12 asanas or postures that involves almost all parts of your body. in fact, a lot of ancient Indian texts also say that it is the only exercise that helps in lowering your body fat. Here are a few more obvious benefits of performing the Sun salutation:
- It improves your posture.
- Helps in core functioning.
- Improves creativity.
- Professes healthy weight loss.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Induces hair growth.
- Reduces stress hormones in the body.
- Helps gut health.
- Helps in heart health.
- Boosts positivity and positive thinking.
Apart from these, here are 3 unusual benefits of practicing Surya Namaskar:
- Surya Namaskar and sexual health: One of the least spoken effects of Surya Namaskar is its positive impact on sexual health. What do you need to have a good sex life? Good blood circulation, lower fat depositions, healthy organs, and low stress. That’s why Surya Namaskar could be your go-to for curing sexual dysfunctions. Surya Namaskar also eradicates sexual debility and other dysfunctions.
- Surya Namaskar for nursing mothers: Surya Namaskar is a real boon for women. Apart from just easing the complications of menstrual disorders, it also helps n reducing the complications during pregnancy. Not just that, a lot of studies have also proven that Surya Namaskar helps in inducing natural secretions in the body and helps in the production of milk in nursing mothers.
- Surya Namaskar and detoxification: When you practice Surya Namaskar, you detoxify your body. Detoxification is a very integral for the healthy functioning of your body. Surya Namaskar involves inhaling and exhaling in repeated intervals. This helps in improving your respiratory functions and helps in regularizing cardiovascular resting parameters too. Regularization of blood flow is another benefit of performing Surya Namaskar that helps in removing toxins from the body.