Yoga, Meditation and Ayurveda For Wellness: A Holistic Approach
Do you get tired after working 48 hours a week? Are you so tired that you just wish the weekend would never end? If this seems like you, then you are probably lacking the stamina to survive in this fast-paced city life people dream to be a part of.
One needs to endure the stress of traveling to work and then experience the hardships at work, while also trying to adjust one’s personal life. It does seem like a lot of work for an individual to go through – just to be a part of this metropolitan city. One way to simplify this problem is to accustom yourself to the wellness routines as a part of your daily life.
How practicing Yoga for 15 minutes can change your life
I must admit, daily yoga practice seemed like a daunting task at first, but with practice, it has become a habit to me, just like brushing or bathing. Never missing a day on the mat gives you the strength and flexibility you seek in your daily life.
- Improve flexibility, strength, and posture: Practicing yoga daily will help you stretch and tone your body muscles. It is worth practicing it regularly and consistently in order to build muscle memory.
- Weight loss: An everyday gentle yoga practice will fuel the metabolic system and will help burn fat at a quicker rate. It also helps you restore the hormonal balance in your body, which can normalize your body weight.
- Breathe Better: Breathing techniques stated in yoga will make you feel more relaxed and balanced. They will also help you face the day with a sense of calmness and confidence. It also has some great side benefits such as increased lung capacity.
Daily Meditation can increase your Emotional Quotient
Meditation is a persistent process of training your mind to concentrate and redirect your thoughts. A common approach towards meditation is that it is done to reduce stress and develop concentration. Though people also use it to develop other beneficial habits and feelings, such as a positive mood and outlook, self-discipline, healthy sleep patterns, it can even help in managing increased pain tolerance.
- Controls Stress and Anxiety: Mental and physical stress can disrupt sleep, promote depression and anxiety, increase blood pressure and contribute to fatigue and cloudy thinking. Several kinds of research have shown that meditation improves the symptoms related to stress-related conditions.
- Promotes Emotional Health: A research conducted followed 18 volunteers as they practiced meditation over three years. The participants of the study experienced long-term decreases in depression. Some specific types of meditation done regularly can improve depression and create a more positive outlook on life.
- Spreading Kindness: The goal of loving-kindness meditation is to cultivate friendliness in a fashion until it’s a mental state that arises effortlessly. At that point, you’ll find it increasingly natural to greet all living beings with kindness and friendliness once you start meditating.
Solutions in Ayurveda
A 5,000-year-old medicinal system originating from India meaning “life-knowledge” – Ayurveda is one of the world’s oldest forms of medicine. Ayurvedic medicine helps you to improve your health and wellness by harmonizing the mind, body, and soul. One can achieve total wellness through guided methods including herbal medicine and body-specific changes in the diet.
- Healthy and Glowing Skin: Consuming cucumber and lettuce which are easier to digest because of their purifying properties and high-water content have proven tricks to help keep your skin soft and radiant without spending money. Nuts and seeds contain healthy fats, which have active components responsible for maintaining healthy skin.
- Cleanses The Body: The Ayurvedic process of ‘Panchakarma’ is getting rid of food and toxins that interfere with efficient body function. While some of the prescribed massage therapies will help get the body working properly by moving toxins from the tissues to the intestines to remove them from the body.
- Hormonal Balance: A study done in 2010 by the Institute of Indigenous Medicine at the University of Colombo in Sri Lanka, found that using essential oils can help with balancing hormones, which results in a healthy menstrual cycle or pregnancy.
If one revolves their day around these activities on a regular basis with devotion are bound to develop greater sensitivity. As they can attest to the existence of their inner spirit and a better understanding of human nature. Look around you, everyone is getting benefited by these, so why shouldn’t you get started?
Omkar Kulkarni is a self-proclaimed art appreciator, a certified film reviewer and someone’s favorite human being.