5 Things to Know Before Going to a Tarot Expert
It might seem fascinating to understand how some people are just able to predict your future just by looking at a few cards. While, some people may shrug it off, being in denial about the authenticity of it, others are not so pessimistic about it. The art of Tarot reading might seem like something that is mystical and completely supernatural. To a limited extent, that holds true. However, Tarot isn’t as scary or paranormal as people think it to be.
What is it exactly?
In its basic form, Tarot cards are a tool used for fortune telling. Tarot card reading can be performed by anyone though you are expected to receive better readings from people with strong intuition and perception. These people may have one or any combination of these abilities and they will use them to channel the energy of the universe. This is how they use the cards to provide answers.
How do experts read the Tarot Cards?
There is a combination of things that Tarot readers can do to provide more accurate Tarot readings. This includes selecting a deck that they personally connect with, practicing their skills, learning to frame questions correctly, and being receptive to client feedback. While anyone can read Tarot, people with some innate psychic abilities have a stronger connection with the art. Having an elevated sense of intuition makes reading Tarot easier and more accurate – hence always opt for an expert.
A Tarot reader’s enduring skill is their ability to interpret the cards. Most of the Tarot decks available in the market, do come with guidebooks; These guidebooks provide a generic meaning of the cards, but ultimately it is up to the reader. The reader uses his/her intuition to read the cards in a way that is appropriate for the situation. Tarot interpretations may widely vary and this is welcomed and encouraged in the community.
Things to Know before going for the first visit
While it seems like a straightforward process, it is very essential for you to be well-prepared before you visit a tarot expert for the first time. Here are a few things that you should know before going to a Tarot Expert:
- Prepare your Questions: It is very important that you are certain about your thoughts. As the tarot expert will highly dependent on your course of questions which channels the process for the interpretation. We all have a lot of questions that need to be answered, but the essential thing here is to be very specific. The questions that you ask cannot be of a generic kind. If you’re looking for a specific answer, your questions also need to be specific. Having a little clarity in what you want to ask will help the tarot reader to guide you in the best possible manner.
- 100% Accuracy is a Myth: It is said that “Tarot Reading is not Astrology”; the reason being it is not based on a formula or the planetary alignments which are said to play a heavy role in our respective lives. A tarot reading can be classified as an art, an art of interpretation. Don’t be disappointed, if your tarot expert fails to jot down an exact date of your job promotion or the color of your new car.
- Be Emotionally Ready: “You are what you think you are.” Whatever you think, you are going to attract it. For example, positive thoughts and feelings will attract positivity and vice-versa. Likewise, when you put a conscious effort to heal yourself from all the things which are troubling you, the same process happens. Especially when you are in a tarot reading session you must always think and feel, that all the good things are happening to you – and they will eventually happen to you.
- Card Connection: When the reader picks a card for you from his / her deck, it is very important that you connect with the cards. They will speak to you, you will have to try and listen to what the cards are trying to tell you. Your interpretation of the cards in your mind will be a huge boost to unravel the mysteries of your universe.
- Have an Open Mind: Your friends who have visited a tarot reader, might have some strong opinions about it, possibly positive or negative. You should not let it cloud your mind before visiting one. It is best suggested to keep your notions, beliefs, and ideas aside before you go for a tarot reading. Feel free to reciprocate; don’t let someone else’s experience, ruin yours.
Tarot reading is a powerful tool for divining all of life’s secrets. Try to believe in miracles, because miracles do happen.
Omkar Kulkarni is a self-proclaimed art appreciator, a certified film reviewer and someone’s favorite human being.