My child is healthy. I give my child enough organic food, organic milk, the best food from the best supermarkets and online health sites! But still she keeps falling sick! What is the reason for that!?
Well, along with healthy food and nutrition, kids also need good rest and exercise. This is so, because then their immune system will be in good shape!
The immune system – A shield
So basically, our immune system is a shield. It protects the body against foreign attackers like bacteria, parasites, viruses and even autoimmune disorders and diseases like cancer!
If our immune system is weak our body will become an open playground for all types of illnesses! When it becomes overactive, it targets the tissues and attacks them!
Immunity is also affected by the way our metabolism works. If we have a slow metabolism then bacteria or other organisms will thrive in such environment. But with a strong metabolism, we can neutralize any foreign infection from our body and resume with a normal healthy state.
This happens if kids don’t have a good immune system
Kids with weak immunity can tire easily, not feel hungry, have body aches, and keep falling sick very often. When a baby is born, it is more susceptible to colds and other infections because its immune system is still developing. Before birth, babies get protection from their moms through the placenta.
Once they are born, breast milk is their main source of nourishment and protection. At the same time, they’re exposed to many viruses and bacteria that can be cause more damage since they are so small. e.g. a virus that can cause a simple cold in grownups or an older child can have more serious effects in a baby or a newborn.
This is the reason it is very important to strengthen their immune system.
The Homeopathy system of medicine is one way in which the immune system of a baby or kid can benefit because:
- It builds the resistance of the person instead of targeting or killing an infection and it in fact increases the body’s capacity to fight the infection.
- Homeopathy helps to detoxify our body.
- Homeopathic remedies are easier to dispense and swallow as the pills, powders or liquids are mostly sweet.
- Homeopathy helps to improve appetite
- Any illness caused by lowered or compromised immune system can be taken care of by homeopathy remedies.
- Homeopathy works in all age groups and it has been used by thousands and thousands of people in so many countries with no side effects reported.
Top Homeopathic medicines that help boost the immune system in kids:
The best homeopathic remedies that help to improve immunity in kids or anyone for that matter will be the ones constitutionally prescribed by a qualified homeopathic practitioner after extensive case taking. This includes all the symptoms in the patient as well as past history, family history, and so on.
The specific remedies in homeopathy to boost immunity in kids are:
- Arsenic Album: This remedy is good for stomach infections, food poisoning, and other digestion problems caused by the body’s reaction to foreign microbes.
- Allium Cepa: If there are watery eyes, flu like symptoms, nasal congestion, Allium Cepa will help.
- Oscillococcinum: It is a good immune system booster, may take time to effect, though. Flu like symptoms and cold can be treated by this remedy.
- Gelsemium: an excellent remedy for flu, body ache, fever and cold.
- Companies like Reckewegg have introduced the R88 antiviral to combat flu and cold symptoms and boost immunity.
- Schwabe’s Alpha WD immunostimulator is also a good choice to increase the body’s resistance
Consulting a qualified homeopath is the best course of action. Connect with Thriive at https://www.thriive.in/ to find a verified, qualified homeopath who is just right for you.
Geeta Hansaria is a homeopath with a passion for writing, especially food poems, binges on DIY kid crafts and cooks up yummy ‘thalis’ for her vast Instagram fan following.