Is an Ayurvedic lifestyle relevant today? 5 reasons that say yes!
Ayurveda is one of the earliest branches of medicine that originated in India. Naturally, it is also one of the most revered branches of study that uses resources readily available to us in our surroundings. This ‘life-knowledge’ is a culmination of herbal medicines, lifestyle modifications, specific diets, massages, meditation and yoga.
With timely treatment, Ayurveda can also cure complex ailments like cancer, tuberculosis and so on. Surprised? Here’s why you ought to, ought to read about the multiple benefits of Ayurveda:
- Reduces stress: An Ayurvedic lifestyle includes a mix of a lot of things like breathing exercises, meditation, yoga, and safe and clean eating. Each of this helps in reducing stress and anxiety. Studies have even shown that yoga and meditation can put up a very strong fight against stress and anxiety.
- Hormonal balance: Hormonal imbalance is one of the worst realities for women today. Ayurveda is known to eliminate this imbalance.
- Cleanses the body: Ayurvedic therapies work on the basic principle that only a clean core can help in cleansing the mind. So, a lot of Ayurvedic remedies or treatments fully depend on cleaning your gut or core or vital organs. They also perform treatments like panchakarmas that help in cleansing your body as well as boost your rejuvenation.
- Helps in recovery from illness and wounds: Ayurveda works on the principle of immunity building and healing. It targets inflammation and kills the root cause of the inflammation. It also works on building up immunity for individuals to put up a strong fight against ailments.
- Gives healthy and glowing skin: Ayurveda professes a principle that states that healthy eating and a clean stomach offer you tons of benefits including clearer skin. Ayurveda emphasizes on you doing some form of exercise which will remove toxins in the form of sweat. Further, Ayurveda recommends you to eat natural coolants like cucumber and fruits like pomegranate that are great for your skin and overall health.