Trouble sleeping? 5 ways to solve that woe
You could be tired all day long and yet as you set off to bed, you feel too tired to even sleep. You cannot sleep at all, eye wide open and mind quite frozen, this could be any of us. Is it you? The constant turning and tossing on the bed for the most part of the night and feeling sleepy right as the alarm rings- can get very difficult for you.
We get that right! Thus, we have come up with 5 easy to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer:
- Hot shower: A hot shower after a long day at work can prove to be very refreshing. But that’s not all. When you have a hot shower after a long tiring day, it induces sleep. It helps in de-stressing your body and mind while also lightening up your mood. When you are in peace with your self and calm down on your own, you can sleep well.
- Gadget-free Goodnight: Well, this one’s a no-brainer. When you sleep without your phones or gadgets beside you, you can sleep better and science has proven that is true. Make sure to cut-off from gadgets at least an hour before you go to sleep. Make it a habit to keep your phone outside the bedroom.
- Meditate: Straight up, try this one. When you meditate right before going to bed, you will be surprised at how well you can sleep. Any meditation can be beneficial for you. But sleep meditation is said to have faster effects on your health.
- Journaling: This one is a personal favourite! For most night owls, overthinking becomes second nature. When your thoughts are constantly running a marathon, there are little chances that you can sleep. That’s why I highly recommend that you chalk down all thoughts in a journal and try to focus on the positives. Over a period, you will start noticing positive changes in your thought process.
- Eat right: This is no rocket science. When you eat right, your body will automatically start doing things the right way. So your body clock will start getting back to the schedule. Right before you sleep, make sure to eat light meals so your body gets enough rest too.