What you need to know about energy healing?
Different alternative branches of medicines have been on a rise with the advent of extensive research programs. These have become a popular choice, as they offer patients with several choices as opposed to doctors. The offered choices usually allow the patient to make lifestyle changes that act as their medical treatment. Energy healing is one of its branches.
To understand the basics of energy healing, you need to know that people who practice energy healing are known as ‘Healers’. The idea behind this is very simple. The healers can channel their healing energy into a patient which results in positive results. This mostly relies on the belief of the patient. He needs to trust in the ability of the healer or practitioner to channel healing energy into the person who is seeking help. There are different ways in which a healer can channel his energy: hands-on, hands-off, and distant where the patient and the healer are in different locations.
Energy healing is not a new concept. Several forms of energy healing have been a common practice in various cultures for centuries. Pranic Healing and Reiki Healing are some of the more common options which are now availed by people all over the world. Some traditional Chinese scriptures believed that energy passes through a meridian system in the body, and ailments can be healed by accessing this energy.
Now, if that was difficult for you to understand, here are 5 facts that can clear up any confusion or misconceptions that you may have regarding Energy Healing:
- Based on Scientific Principles: When someone says “…don’t kill my vibe!” they are really talking about their vibrational energy. People who are happy, vibe on a higher frequency. This is based on the scientific phenomenon of Emotional Residue. You can feel their energy. When you walk into a place in which you have spent most of your childhood in and you have happy memories of it, you may feel happy and positive energy towards the place. Energy healing uses this principle as a mode of healing its patients.
- Don’t Have to be Spiritual: You can visit an energy healer at all times. You don’t need to learn or study any of the concepts of energy healing to attain its benefits. The concept of energy healing is not that of an independent nature. It should never replace your prescription but should be complementary to your treatment. But, as mentioned before – this requires the patient to have a belief in the practitioner.
- Totally Accessible: There are many different types of energy healers, and they are very easy to find online. It is important to understand that Energy Healing has several types such as Reiki, Acupuncture, Reflexology, etc. Energy healing can either be done with in-person with a hands-on or hands-off and also distant when both the patient and the practitioner are not available in the same location. Some examples of hands-on and hands-off modes of energy healing include acupuncture, reflexology, etc. While Reiki and Pranic healing can be classified under the distant mode of energy healing.
- Energy Cleansing: Energetic Cleansing can help you to behave or act in a way that can set you back towards your wellness goals. It may seem easy to self-meditate and exercise to keep your health on track. Just like them, energetic cleansing is a daily commitment. After visiting an Energy Healer, to keep the good vibe flowing make sure that you take a bath with Epsom Salt. You can take the bath for approximately 20 minutes. This has its own healing properties which can help give your energy field a boost.
- History Supports: History Books show that energy healing has been around for more than a thousand years. Various scriptures from China and Japan have proven to use these methods of healing in the past. Whereas, there is a direct reference to the energy transmission center in the Ancient Hindu Texts, which is defined as Chakras.
Omkar Kulkarni is a self-proclaimed art appreciator, a certified film reviewer and someone’s favorite human being.