Your Guide to Viome Gut Intelligence Test: What it Does and How it Works!
Isn’t balancing your body health by following a stringent diet the toughest task of all? Ever conducted a test to analyze the real cause of your health issues? Are you one of those who still struggles to find a solution for improving overall health and preventing diseases? Maybe its time for you to take a microbiome test known as the Gut Intelligence Test by Viome.
Over the last decade, scientists have made some remarkable discoveries regarding the human gut microbiome. Unfortunately, utilizing these discoveries for improving your health isn’t easy as it may seem. This is so because no two guts are similar, and what suits your gut health may not necessarily be healthy for someone else’s. This is when an at-home stool test like Viome Gut Intelligence Test steps in.
Founded in the year 2016, Viome is a well-designed gut sequencing subscription service that analyses the microbes in your gut to release insights on your overall health. Based on the results of this test, Viome makes use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to extract their extensive database consisting of premium peer-reviewed scientific literature needed to make specific nutritional recommendations that are aimed at improving the digestive health as well as overall health.
For those who might not be aware, the human microbiome is an ecosystem of microorganisms that survive in and on the body. A recent study has discovered that the gut microbiome affects most of the systems in the body, including the immune system, cardiovascular system, and digestive system. Research also claims that there is a close connection between gut health and other things all of us struggle with, such as sleep, weight management, and mental clarity, among the rest.
Where is it?
Viome is headquartered in Cupertino, California, but it extends its testing services in the following countries:
- United Kingdom
- The United States of America (except New York)
The technology behind the Test
Viome’s Gut Intelligence Test is based on two innovations – Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Metatranscriptomic.
Viome received the Metatranscriptomic technology from Los Alamos National Laboratory that helps to understand the integrated effects on the digestive tract, metabolism, pathway activity, microbiome balance, inflammation and a few other factors responsible for well-being of humans. Even though Viome isn’t the only Gut Intelligence Testing company to offer RNA (a single-stranded molecule responsible for translating the genetic details found in the DNA) sequencing, however, their technology helps to identify all types of microorganisms, including parasites, fungi, and even bacteriophages. Most importantly, Metatranscriptomic can detect the genetic expressions of these organisms and how they work in the human body.
AI being a major part of this test, it helps Viome provide reliable recommendations on the basis of the results of the sequencing. Since AI depends on a special algorithm and information sourced from relevant journals, studies, and papers, it combines all the data with the results to present a personalized action plan.
How does Viome Work?
- Apply for the Stool Kit Test. Within a week, you will receive a small box with an instruction sheet to get started.
- Once you open the kit, you’ll notice it comes with a paper sheet that needs to be placed over your toilet for making the Stool Testing process quick and easy. Remember, you only need to collect a small sample. This is quick and painless.
- Send the sample back to the lab in the pre-paid mailer given in your kit.
- Install the app on your smartphone and fill the questionnaire. In 2 to 4 weeks the results will be sent through the app. Along with this, you will also receive food and nutrition recommendations that are listed down in the app for future reference.
What do the Recommendations Include?
These recommendations help to:
- Increase your focus, energy and overall well-being
- Minimize or eliminate microbial species linked with poor health
- Increase microbial species linked with overall wellness
- Maintain a balanced and healthy weight
- Create the right ratio of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates for your diet
Bottomline – Should you take the Test?
Given the studies emerging constantly about the gut microbiome’s impact on your quality of life, taking a test like Viome will help better analyze the microbial functions within the gut and valuable insights needed to take charge of your health. At the end of the day, whether you take the test or no, what is crucial is being alert and proactive about your health to live the best life ahead. One step at a time!
Akanksha Shukla is a content strategist, writer by the day and reader by the night- all with the trusted companionship of coffee!