5 Best Ayurvedic Secrets For A Good Health
Every branch of medicine, abides by certain principles. These are principles that basically rule the way medications are prescribed or followed. Likewise, the crux of Ayurveda is simple- YOUR good HEALTH is a REFLECTION of your DIGESTION. And believe it or not, everything starts and ends with a good digestion.
5 Top Best Eating Habits
Ayurveda is a pristine medicine that has originated and followed in India since time immemorial. Unlike other medicinal sciences, Ayurveda associates good health with a healthy digestive system– which can be acquired only when you eat right. Here are 5 Ayurvedic rules to eat right:
- Eat only when you are hungry: This might come as a shock to you, but Ayurveda emphasizes that your body will ask for what it needs, and it is wise to provide it accordingly. Ayurveds will tell you to eat only when you are hungry and not just look at the clock and gulp the food items. Listen to what your body needs- WHEN.
- Food combinations: Ayurveda is very strict about pathya (diet). Improper food combinations can cause excessive damage to your body. For example, having milk shakes or citrus fruits with milk is something that the medicine doesn’t appreciate.
- Eat freshly prepared meals: A lot of us have the habit of cooking foods just once a day and consuming it for days together. DON’T- says Ayurveda. Every meal must be freshly prepared. Having foods that are made earlier cause more harm than good.
- Water consumption: Ayurveda says that one must drink water only when you are thirsty. Have fresh, filtered and distilled clean water.
- Six tastes: Ayurveda emphasizes that foods are comprised of six tastes- sweet, sour, bitter, pungent, salty and astringent. Furthermore, it states that you must inculcate all the tastes in every meal. This is to be had in every meal for gaining complete nutrition and to minimize cravings and overeating.
Always remember that each body type is different and every individual has varying needs in terms of nutrition. Therefore, before you look up the internet and gobble anything termed as healthy- make sure to check with your Ayurved!