5 Best Foods To Ease Anxiety
There’s an assignment that you have to submit in the next 3 hours. You have prepared for it for the past 7 months. Yet when the time comes, you feel jittery, breathless and completely vulnerable. Relatable? Maybe not for everyone. That’s because not everyone who is anxious suffers from an anxiety disorder.
But what does one do if they suffer from an anxiety disorder apart from taking medicines? Worry not, eating well can help you with managing anxiety better. Don’t believe us? Read on to see why we say so.
Food and Anxiety
One thing that you must know is that anxiety is a life-altering problem. It alters the way you think, behaves and most importantly eat. The truth is, apart from the medications or counseling that you undergo, your effective anxiety management involves a very integral factor- diet.
If you didn’t know that eating well is a key to your wellness, here’s a little secret- eating certain foods help in controlling your symptoms of anxiety. And why is that so? Because there is a connection between your gut and the brain, which implies that what you eat is what makes or breaks you. Here are 5 foods you must eat in order to combat anxiety better:
- Turmeric: What we absolutely love about Indian cooking is exactly the way we include all the ingredients meant for wellness in our food. Turmeric, an unmistakable addition in almost all our sabzi, is one of the best spices you could ever have. Apart from all the health benefits, it has, this wonder spice has an active ingredient called curcumin. Curcumin is said to reduce anxiety by stashing inflammation and oxidative stress. It further helps in dealing with mood disorders.
- Probiotics: What better than having yogurt as a part of your medication? No, we aren’t making this up. A lot of studies have proven that you could either have a probiotic supplement or have foods like yogurt that can help in balancing good and bad bacteria in your gut. It encourages the growth of good bacteria to grow. Not only this, probiotics or fermented foods help in calming anxiety.
- Blueberries: When you are anxious, our bodies yearn for Vitamin C to repair and protect our cells. Blueberries are packed with this. Blueberries are good sources of Vit C as well as antioxidants, both of which are proven to relieve anxiety. PS: Blueberries are reportedly good for preventing as well as calming down of anxiety.
- Kale: A study conducted at the State University of New York concluded that symptoms of anxiety were linked with lower antioxidant state. That implies that consuming foods which are good antioxidants might be quite helpful. Kale is not only good to boost antioxidants in your body but it is a great source of beta-carotene and Vitamin E, both of which help in supporting better brain functioning.
- Almonds: Didn’t your mother tell you to have almonds daily? Go, thank her NOW! Seems like this wonder nut is not only good to enhance your brain but good enough to stash down your anxiety levels too! Inadequate levels of magnesium can cause a reduction of the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain. Having 12 nuts of almonds can amp up your levels almost instantly. Apart from almonds, you could also have foods rich in magnesium like legumes, nuts, avocados, etc.
*To receive free gifts or information about wellness, log on to www.thriive.in. Trust us, your wellness registration will take only 30 seconds!*