May is a month of maximum family time and vacations. Travelling to different shores might excite you as you look forward to relaxing and rejuvenating. One of the things that one looks forward to is trying out the foreign cuisines and gorging on them. But vacations need not be the end of one’s carefully mapped-out diet plans. Yes, fun and food can go together with you on your vacation and we’ll tell you how!
We asked Thriive-verified Nutritionist & Wellness Coach Maadhuri Sharma for tips to make sure your diet remains on track during your vacay.
Now, you don’t need to add stress to your vacation.
Here is Maadhuri’s guide for eating right without ruining the fun of the holiday binge:
- Stay hydrated: Make sure you drink a lot of water. Avoid coffee, tea, and alcohol as they dehydrate you. Ensure that you have two glasses of water for every glass of alcohol or every cup of coffee.
- Remember to eat your veggies: Have them as a salad, have a clear, hot soup or a vegetable soup.
- Avoid these: Ditch the cream, butter, and cheese.
- Walk: Do you walk 10,000 steps daily on regular days? Then, on your holiday try to get in 15,000 steps. This is to allow for small indulgences while on vacay.
- Three teaspoon rule: Remember the 3 tsp rule. Go ahead and try new and even favourite desserts but remember to stop after the third teaspoon. That is enough to give you a taste of the dessert. The rest is just your indulgence.
- For when you’re feeling peckish: Try and carry fruit or some yogurt in your bag for in-between meal cravings.
- Load up on protein: Make sure you get good protein in all your meals. It takes more energy to digest protein so you will remain satiated longer. So, plan your restaurant visits: check the menus beforehand so that you know what fits your eating plan.
So, the next time you’re on vacay, you don’t need to be afraid of your eating plan going awry. These tips will help you be prepared and not end up just having junk food. Vacations will now be double the fun, right?
About Maadhuri Sharma
Maadhuri Sharma is a Thriive-verified, certified nutritionist who prescribes to the theory of balance. A balanced body, mind, and soul are secret ingredients to a healthy life. Her belief is the foundation upon which she creates nutrient-rich customized diets. Her impressive roster of International and Indian clients will testify that Maadhuri’s diets can cater to every lifestyle. Nutrition and fitness are her mantras, driving her to achieve high results not only for herself but also for her clients. She is the first Indian to be crowned Mrs.Earth International 2016. She was Mrs. India 2015. She had her own nutrition show Living It Up With Maadhuri on Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana. You can connect with her here.