Healthy Swap Recipes – Homemade Hazelnut spread instead of processed one
A choco-hazelnut spread is a quick pick-me-upper for a lot of us. The creamy spread goes well with bread, biscuits, fruits, or even if you simple lick it off a spoon straight from the jar. However, with all the flavours and ‘aaah’ that it packs, it also has a whole lot of sugar. Way, way more than what is healthy! But, we need the taste, the comfort it brings when we eat a spoonful, the warmth it spreads, and how satisfying it feels.
That is why you need a healthy swap – something that tastes similar, but doesn’t make you feel guilty for all the sugar consumed. Here we bring to you an amazingly simple recipe for a choco-hazelnut spread that takes literally lesser time than picking a jar of processed hazelnut spread off a supermarket shelf. Few, simple ingredients and about 15 minutes of your time is all you need.
- 3 cups raw or roasted unsalted hazelnuts
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate / Cocoa Powder( for a sugar-free version)
- Roast the hazelnuts lightly on the stove.
- Transfer everything to a grinder. Blend all ingredients together till it forms a smooth paste. Add water as required.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and store.
Recipe courtesy: Ridhi Golecha.
Ridhi Golechha is a Mind-Body Eating Coach. She helps people with a step-by-step approach to understand the root cause of weight-related struggles, emotional eating and body image issues. CLICK HERE to contact her.