Monsoon can mean a lot of things from romantic long-drives, lazy mornings, nostalgic memories or simply the time to relax and stay indoors. But that isn’t all. Most days in monsoon could mean difficulty in train travel, water-logged localities frequent illnesses. But worry not this monsoon, let’s amp up your immunity by having these wonder foods:
- Ginger: Adrak chai or ginger tea could act as your saviour in this weather. If not this, consuming ginger in any way can help you in a great way. Ginger aids in protecting your body against a host of disorders. It is an antioxidant, antibiotic, antiseptic, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory agent. It helps in relieving you from throat pain, congestion, and seasonal flu. If you are someone who can’t have ginger at all, try consuming it with warm water.
- Dry Fruits: Nuts and dry fruits is something that you should totally chomp on! Cashews, almonds, walnuts, dates, raisins or groundnuts are things that you must load up on- to amp up your immunity in this season. These are excellent sources of vitamins, proteins, good fats, and anti-oxidants.
- Turmeric: To be quite honest with you, try making it a habit to consume warm turmeric milk daily before going to bed. It will help in boosting your immunity as well as enhance your quality of sleep too. Since it is anti-inflammatory and rich in anti-oxidant properties, it helps in healing faster.
- Hydrate: Need we stress on how important it is to drink water regularly? We hope not! Simply because drinking adequate water will help in the efficient functioning of your immune system as well as aids the production of white blood cells in your body. Pro tip: have warm water to soothe your throat pain in this weather. Also, make sure you consume boiled water at all times.
- Dairy products: We know that having milk alone isn’t clearly a very delicious option. That’s why, you must load up on yogurts, cheese, and ghee in your diet routine. Go for probiotics as it promotes healthy gut health as well as stimulates your immune responses too.
You can enjoy the weather only when you are fit as a fiddle! Follow these tips and let us know in the comments section if there are any other things that you generally consume in this weather to stay healthy!