Say no to French Fries, YES to these Moroccan spiced Carrot Chips
When in a mood to munch, we all crave for something salty, and crispy, if carb-rich, then even better right? What comes to your mind when the mid-meal snack craving hits? French fries! We all love the crispy, golden, salty snack that is, in most cases, deep fried. While you are cleaning away the plate of fries, do you realise how many calories, unrequired carbs, and excess salt you are consuming?
Worry not, we have an extremely healthy alternative for you – carrot chips, that Morroccan spiced! You heard it right, once you make yourself a plateful of these chips (which is very easy and quick), you will not want to snack on anything else! Here’s the recipe:
- Carrots (2-3), greens removed, cut on a diagonal into 1-1 ½ inch pieces
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (red mirchi powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add carrots to the baking sheet and drizzle with oil, salt, paprika, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, and cayenne, and toss well to combine.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and slightly browned.
Serve hot as is, or with tahini sauce or any sauce of choice.
Recipe courtesy: Ridhi Golechha
Ridhi Golechha is a Mind-Body Eating Coach. She helps people with a step-by-step approach to understand the root cause of weight-related struggles, emotional eating and body image issues. CLICK HERE to contact her.