Daily spiritual self-care habits we all can benefit from
We are all going through major changes owing to the pandemic and resulting lockdown. Life as we knew it does not exist, and it has made a lot of to reflect within and find ways to better ourselves spiritually. Adding to that is the additional responsibilities of working from home, doing household chores, and settling in this new way of life. If you have been looking for ways to inculcate daily spiritual habits, here are a few tips shared by our expert Geeta Hansaria, a homeopath and wellness expert.
- Maintain a journal: What I really recommend is something that even I follow. I maintain a daily journal to document my thoughts and feelings. However, I don’t simply write about my day. I go deeper and write about how my day has been, what made me happy and what made me sad, and how did it affect me spiritually. This helps me understand how I regulate my emotions and how I can better myself spiritually.
- Play soft, spiritual music in the morning: I believe that what you do in the first hour of the morning decides the mood of the day. Play soft music in the morning as you start your day. It can be any music – meditative, nature sounds, devotional – anything that makes you feel peaceful.
- Chants and affirmations: While you are starting your day with soft music, you can also use that time to practice chants or say your daily affirmations. Affirmation are a great way of setting the tone for the day. Say affirmations like ‘This day will be productive’, ‘I will choose happiness and peace’ etc.
- Set your goals the night before: Starting your day with a clear mind instantly puts you in a great mood! Set your goals and tasks the night before, so you know how your day is spaced out and you can work on prioritising tasks. This helps you manage your time better and saves you the stress and anxiety.
- Express gratitude: Gratitude is a very important trait to have. It helps you see things in a better light, and operate from a place of thankfulness. When you are thankful for the littlest things, it makes you feel content and satisfied. Once you are in a space like that, you can enhance yourself spiritually by using your time and resources in that direction.
These spiritual practices don’t take too much of your time. In fact, with daily practice, these will become more of a habit, and you will be more happy and content.
If you wish to connect with any of our experts, please CLICK HERE.