Want to put your foot in the door of a career as alternative therapist or healer? The World Wellness Report states that Energy Healing is one of 2018/19’s greatest wellness trends. If you’ve been thinking about making that switch, now’s a great time.
To give you a headstart, we picked Hitesh’s brains and got him to share his journey with us and tell us all we need to get started.
Consciousness Coach Hitesh Vashisht’s dissatisfaction in his corporate innings led him to finding solace in meditation. Although his first meeting with Dr. Newton and Dr. Lakshmi convinced him that healing was his calling, he took a year to work on himself and be sure of his decision to pursue healing as a career. His own physical healing—Hitesh healed his chronic asthma with self love instead of inhalers and steroids—strengthened his belief and resolve.
How does one start?
- Don’t bypass the importance of healing and knowing yourself. There is no end to self-work in this career. The more you work on yourself, the more your work becomes powerful.
- Ask yourself if you can do this for the next 10-20 years or even the rest of your life. If you answer it honestly, this question will give you clarity.
- Learn the different therapies—one at a time—from credible sources before you decide your area of interest.
What are the skills needed?
It is important to be compassionate, non-critical, and non-judgmental. You should also have a strong inclination towards subjects related to human psyche, quantum physics, energy dynamics, universal consciousness, life after death, and soul communication.
Other skills include:
- Interpersonal skills
- Good listening skills
- High emotional intelligence (EQ) and social intelligence (SQ)
How does one choose a specialization?
Explore and experience them all but one sure indicator is that the one that transforms you the most can be the one you are made for.
How viable a career option is this?
With a surge in cases of stress, anxiety, depression, a huge stratum of society needs the help of alternative therapists to help them with a holistic approach. If you are dedicated, it is not just viable but also a very meaningful and fulfilling career.
What are some of the tips you’d like to give our therapist-readers?
- When dealing with a client, keep your emotions and issues aside; they can affect your work. Bridge the gap between what you offer and what people need.
- Eventually, people look for results in what they do.
- Practice what you preach.
- Despite the shortage of time, don’t stop working on yourself regularly—if you haven’t worked on your issues, you can burden your clients with your unmet needs.
About Hitesh Vashisht
Hitesh Vashisht and his wife Shubhangi, have been in the profession of Human Behaviour from the last 14 years. Through 100+ workshops, coaching & healing sessions, they have inspired over thousands of individuals and helped them bring harmony in their life, be it in the space of health, relationships, career, finances or life purpose. Hitesh & Shubhangi are trained in various healing therapies under Dr. Newton & Dr. Lakshmi and have shared their own insights at the many workshops they’ve presented.
About Nikita Jhanglani
Nikita Jhanglani is a technical and creative content writer, editor and book blogger. Currently, she is into world domination, one checklist at a time.