Ravishing Rishikesh: 5 top yoga retreats for you
Like Mysore, Rishikesh is one of the most visited places for yoga retreats. Rightly so, this beautiful place is called as the ‘Yoga Capital of the world.’ We live a very monotonous life today. Most of us are caught in the same cycle of waking up, going to work, getting back tired and going to sleep. That is why yoga retreats or weekend yoga retreats can be the best bet for a healthy, refreshing change.
Yoga retreats for beginners focus on giving you the much needed peace and tranquility in this maddening world.
So, here’s our list of 5 best yoga retreats in Rishikesh (in no order of preference):
- Omkarananda Patanjala Yoga Kendra: Established amidst the tranquility of the river Ganges in 1993, this Iyengar Yoga Kendra was started by Guruji B.K.S Iyengar. Though this centre offers multiple yoga retreats, they are better known for Iyengar Yoga. This retreat is very popular even with renowned industrialists and celebrities.
- Parmarth Niketan: One of the best yoga retreats in the world, Parmarth niketan is a huge ashram in heavenly Rishikesh. The place offers yoga and meditation retreats and yoga teacher training retreats. And guess what? This one is one of the most affordable yoga retreats in the country.
- Sattva Retreat: If you thought yoga can get quite boring and hence needs some interesting additions, then you’ve not yet visited this yoga retreat in Rishikesh! Sattva Retreat in Rishikesh is a yoga spa retreat. Whether you need to get rest, feel relaxed, detoxify or cleanse- this is your path to purify your spirit and relax at the same time.
- Himalayan Yog Ashram: If you are a student wanting a specific inner experience, then this place is for your. Here, you get to choose 6, 13, 20 or 27 days of stay. This focusses on asanas, breathing, meditation, spiritual teachings and Ayurvedic-professed food. The healing retreats on stress as well detoxification.
- Sivananda Ashram: If you are a thorough practitioner of yoga, there are high chances that you may have heard about this heavenly abode located near Ram Jhula in Rishikesh. This retreat mainly focusses on 5 principles of yoga- posture, breathing, diet, meditation and relaxation. It is one of the top places in the world for yoga and meditation retreat.
Aishwarya Iyer is a chai-vanist, Murakami fan, considerate companion and a bubbly speaker with a fanaticism for fitness.