Planning For A Baby? Here are 5 Must Do Tips To Conceive Faster
- Fertility affects up to 15% of couples.
- It is believed that your diet and lifestyle can affect or boost your chances of fertility by up to 69%.
- In approximately 40% of cases of infertility, the male is the sole cause of infertility.
- Infertility affects both men and women.
To be honest, for years together, women have been solely blamed for all the infertility woes but these facts above make it evident that it is not only women who could have these issues but men too. I see a lot of couples looking forward to starting a family but find it extremely difficult to conceive. Here are 5 tips for anyone trying to get pregnant:
- Eat right: Junk food can genuinely create havoc in your hormonal balance. Unless you eat right, there are very few chances that you will be able to conceive. You must have a vitamin-rich diet, to begin with. Have locally available, foods that are rich in vitamins. Zinc, folic acid, vitamins,
- Sex it correctly: Different sex positions can all be fun but make sure you lie down on your back right after sex, so it is easy for the sperm to reach the egg. The time of having sex matters. A woman ovulates about 2 weeks before her periods. That ideally means you should try to have sex in the most fertile window. You can use an Ovulation Prediction Kit to know the safest window too! Technically, you must have sex during the 5 days of ovulation or on the day you ovulate.
- Don’t use that plastic: Yes, plastic affects your body totally. But one of the lesser known side-effects of plastic is- reduced fertility in men. Using plastic bottles or plastic containers can literally reduce your chances of becoming parents in the longer run. These depressing sperm counts could clearly be a result of smoking, alcohol,
- Exercise more: Exercising has two important benefits that can boost your chances of pregnancy- one, it helps in keeping your weight in check and two, it will help your body cope with rigors of pregnancy. Being overweight reduces your chances of pregnancy and underweight too, can play a negative role in your conception.
- Stress: Do we need to explain to you about how stress can ruin your chances of pregnancy? Stress can literally do everything wrong with your body. There’s a reason why people love Saturday sex, no tensions about deadline or so. Just keep your stress in check!
If you suffer from sexual dysfunctions, start with meditation- YES, it totally helps!