These have-to-have food and décor-of-the-season resources will get you ready in a twinkle!
Xmas – that time of the year when family from all over the world flies down to be together. When the food is not just filling but also soul-nurturing. And when the décor is a reminder of a beautiful birth that taught us to love all beings. So, get ready to make some memorable moments with your family and friends as you gather around the cheerful fire burning in the hearth (okay, we people in Mumbai can dream, no?) and have a blast. Food? Check! Decorations? Check! Check out these resources we’ve collected for you so you don’t have to waste spend precious time doing it! You’re welcome!
Are you ready to dive deep into it?
Without a doubt, Christmas won’t feel like Christmas without the pudding. The recipe is such a treasure that many families swear by their handed-down-
over-generations method of making this pudding. if you haven’t begun making it by November end, you’re probably late in making it (though instant pudding recipes abound on google, meh)! And what about gingerbread cookies, plum cakes and eggnog.
Stop, stop, we’ve got you covered. Here are links to some fabulous bakers of
an amazing Christmas foodie-goodies. You gotta hurry though as some of
them stop taking orders soon:
- Mav’s Cakes & Bakes at Bandra West: call / message +91 9819873959
- Katy’s Kitchen at Mazgaon: call / message +91 9820904694
- American Express Bakery: call / message 022 26422857
Get your fill of Christmas treats and hampers at Sassy Teaspoon:
Bonus tip: Keep all those food delivery apps updated and be quick on the
finger when their exciting offers come up during this season.
Transform your home into a Christmas wonderland with these delightful decoration ideas: get a traditional Christmas Tree or then make your own, with books:
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Bookworm-Christmas-Tree. Bring out those wreaths, those tree-toppers like angels and stars, the twinkly led lights, candy canes, mini santa claus figures, wrapped presents, candy canes and other baubles.
Check out these online stores for the decorations:
- Ravees evergreen – http://christmasraave.in/
- Trinity Chirstmas – https://www.trinitychristmas.in
- Ferns and Petals – https://www.fnp.com/gifts/christmas/mumbai
Looking for wider choices? You’ll get them all here, if you don’t mind giving your feet a workout (wear comfy shoes):
- Hill Road, Bandra West: THIS IS THE PLACE. Get all your decorations from the experts who’ve been doing it since years: Cheap Jack, Mota’s, Party Hunterz…they’ve got it all in this small Christmas town (at least in December).
- Abdul Rehman Street, Crawford market: The place is the oldest & the best to shop for Christmas decorating items. The street is studded with shops stocked with a profusion of Christmas hangings, colorful lightings, and tiny Santas.
- IC Colony, Borivali West: This place is a treat for Christmas shopping, be it for decorations or even food-goodies. Best time to visit is in the late afternoon to avoid chaos and crowds.
- MMRDA Ground, BKC: Be the early worm and grab those fabulous offerings at Lil Flea and Times Fest where you can find some really unique homemade décor to give your place a cozy, Christmassy feel.
- Off Prarthana Samaj & Park Road, Vile Parle East: Looking for Christmas decorations that are both easy on the eye and the wallet? Go no further than Vile Parle. Mini Santa dolls, Santa Claus Costumes and Caps, Xmas lights and baubles, you’ll get them all here.
*(all resources mentioned here are subject to change)