Want healthy skin? Meditate.
Do you remember the photos of Deepika Padukone or Anushka Sharma or Sonam Kapoor in their respective weddings? What made us go crushing on these women? Their smiles- yes, but what more? It was that radiance on their face. Your face is a reflection of all that you feel within you.
Your face could turn white in fear, green with envy, red in anger or pink in embarrassment. Our face and skin are indicators of all things that happen inside our body. This could answer why you get those pimples in summers as an indication of excess heat in the body or why you turn pale when you get a fever. This means that your skincare regime must genuinely be a careful curation of best practices.
What ruins your skin?
- STRESS, STRESS AND MORE STRESS: Do you think we are exaggerating? No, we aren’t. Stress can cause a huge impact on your skin. It is the leading cause of premature ageing, breakouts, blackheads, pimples or unhealthy looking skin. So this is how it ruins your skin.
When you are stressed, your blood vessels constrict and release the cortisol hormone. This hormone blocks the supply of oxygenated blood to the skin. This implies that your skin is starved of nutrients and pure blood. Furthermore, improper circulation leaves your skin wanting for more hydration, vitamins, and minerals.
- Lack of sleep: Sleep has tons and tons of positives but one of the most important benefits is to calm your mind. When you sleep well, you wake up feeling less stressed or cranky. BONUS! Sleeping well promotes holistic health!
- Negative emotions: No, we didn’t make this up. Negative emotions have an impact on our body and mind. Fear, stress, anxiety or worry could pose major skin problems to you. Moreover, all of this can accelerate your ageing process.
How can meditation help?
In today’s time, there’s very little that you can do to avert the above causes. That’s the part where meditation comes to save your day. Meditation not only calms your mind but also helps you in dealing with each of these factors. Here’s how:
- Reduces stress: Do we really need to get started on how helpful meditation is when it comes to reducing stress and anxiety? Meditation reduces stress to almost nil, making it extremely important for stress reduction. A lot of research has proven that eczema and psoriasis can be cured through meditation.
- Reduces negative emotions: When you talk about negative emotions, meditation helps by calming your mind and body in a way that you will automatically look beautiful and confident.
- Clear skin: When you meditate, you will notice yourself having a clear and silky smooth skin. Do believe us? Grab a yoga mat and get started, you’ll see the difference in just 2 weeks.
- Slowes down ageing process: Your skin is the largest organ in the human body. That answers why everything you feel or go through is exposed by your skin. If or not you eat well, if or not you sleep well or if you are stressed, everything affects your skin. Therefore, when there is an imbalance in emotions and excessive stress or anything that ruins your lifestyle, you are bound to age faster. Meditation comes to your rescue, then! A study conducted in 2009 concluded that meditation slows down ageing as it reduces stress and amps up positive states of mind. This helps in protecting the caps at the ends of chromosomes that serve as markers for cellular ageing.