World Meditation Day 2019: 5 Advanced Tips To Remember While You Meditate
Meditation has tons and tons of benefits. Need we really explain why we say so? Not really, because you know that meditation is your key to overall wellness.
Once you start with meditation, you realize that it helps in controlling anxiety, managing depression or gaining inner peace. But as time progresses, you want to reap maximum benefits. But do you know some advanced tips to maximize the benefits? If not, read further:
- Focus your attention: Whenever you sit to meditate, try and focus your attention on just one thing. It could be your breath, a mantra or a candle flame. Make sure that all your thoughts are engulfed around that one thing alone. Initially, it may seem like your mind is wandering every few seconds. Gently bring back your attention to what you were focusing on. Gradually, you will see that your mind learns to settle down.
- Practice non-judgment: This one is extremely important! Whenever you meditate, make sure you don’t judge your thoughts. Meditation teaches you pure awareness. Don’t judge your thoughts or label them as good or bad. Just go with the flow.
- Let your mind guide you: When you meditate, remember that you aren’t against thoughts in your mind like dreams or fantasies. You are just learning to focus your attention on one thing at a time. Go with the flow of thoughts and let those thoughts guide you. When you start doing this, you will realize that you are unlocking your keys to mental prisons like crippling fears and deeply held beliefs- and this unlocking will help you to realize your full potential.
- Let go: Letting go is one of the most significant lessons that you will learn with meditation. Let go of your past thoughts while gently being aware of the present. Do not hold yourself responsible or blame yourself for the things that went wrong.
- Know who you are: One of the most integral benefits of practicing meditation is knowing who you are and what you don’t believe in. You will realize over time that you are not defined by your ego, beliefs, fear or anger but simply by the inner voice that’s unique to you.
Go ahead and follow these tips! Do let us know in the comments sections about how helpful are these. Oh, you can thank us later 🙂